Instruction & Warranty Booklet
R23 Series (Cal. W942)
■ HOW TO USE THE STOPWATCH
• The stopwatch can measure up to 9 hours, 59
minutes, 59 seconds and 99 in 1⁄100 seconds.
* Even if the stopwatch display is changed to another
while the measurement is in progress, it continues
counting properly. After the stopwatch is used,
however, be sure to reset it as the battery energy
is consumed enormously to shorten the battery
Stopwatch display mark
1. Stopwatch: Measures up to 9 hours, 59 minutes,
59 seconds and 99 with 1⁄100 second readout.
• Lap time measurement: Up to 9 lap times
can be measured. The lap time difference and
the fastest lap time are calculated and displayed
during the measurement.
2. Time/calendar display: Hour, minutes, seconds,
month, date and day of the week.
• Automatic calendar adjustment: Calendar
adjusts automatically for odd and even months
including February of leap years, but not for
February of common years.
• Time indication: Changeover between 12-
and 24-hour indications is possible.
3. Daily alarm: The alarm can be set to ring on a
4. Dual time: Time of a different time zone can be
set and displayed.
5. Stroke function: The watch can be set to beep
at a selected rate to serve as a pacemaker in
6. Countdown timer: Up to 9 hours 59 minutes
and 59 seconds can be set in seconds.
Lap time measurement
• “Lap time” refers to an elapsed time required to
cover a given section of the whole distance.
1. At the start of the activity, depress button “D” to
start the stopwatch.
2. At the end of the first lap, depress button “A”.
The first lap time and lap number are displayed,
though the second lap time is being measured
3. Depress button “A” to release the lap time before
the end of the second lap. The first lap time and
lap number disappear, and the measurement in
progress and “0” are displayed in place of the lap
time and lap number, respectively.
4. At the end of the second lap, depress button “A”.
The second lap time and lap number are dis-
played, though the third lap time is being mea-
5. Measurement and release of the lap time can be
repeated by depressing button “A”.
6. At the end of the activity, follow either of the two
a. To display the final lap time, depress button
“A”. Then, depress button “A” to release the
lap time, and depress button “D” to stop the
* The time displayed when button “D” is de-
pressed is not the total elapsed time of the
activity, that is, the time that elapsed from
the start until the end of the activity but the
time that elapsed from the start until the
stop of the measurement.
b. To display the total elapsed time of the activi-
ty, depress button “D” to stop the measure-
7. Depress button “B” to reset the stopwatch.
Depress button “C” to show the stopwatch display.
Accumulate repeatedly by
depressing button “D”.
Accumulated elapsed time measurement
1. When a lap time measured is the fastest among
the lap times previously measured, a short beep
rings to signal that the memory has been updated
with the new fastest lap time.
2. The lap number counts up to “9”. After “9”, the
number returns to “1”.
• While a lap time is being displayed, depress but-
ton “B”. With each depression of the button, the
difference between the displayed lap time and the
previous lap time is displayed in the following
Latest lap time Lap time difference
Fastest lap time
■ BUTTONS AND DISPLAYS
The selection of the display can be made in the
following order with each depression of button “C”.
* A flashing display mark indicates that the corre-
sponding function is in use.
Lap time difference and the fastest lap time
To return to the measurement in progress, depress
Month (Day) Date