If a fault occurs, before contacting our After-Sales
Service, perform the following checks to try to
remedy the problem:
Drying takes too long / laundry is not dry enough:
• Correct programme selected?
• Inserted laundry too wet (Washing machine spin
speed less than 800 rpm? When the spinning speed is
less than 800 rpm the water container fault may
occur during the drying cycle)?
• Door filter clogged (filter indicator lamp on)?
• Bottom filter clogged? (refer to the chapter “Door
filter and bottom filter”).
• Is the room temperature too high?
• END indicator lamps on? The drying cycle is
complete and the laundry can be taken out.
• ‘Gentle’ option selected? The ‘gentle’ option should
only be selected with small loads.
• Type of laundry mixed (for example cotton and
The dryer does not operate:
(after a power failure and/or interruption to the
mains supply, always press the Start/Pause button).
• Plug connector properly inserted into the mains
• Power failure?
• Fuse blown?
• Door properly closed?
• Drying programme selected?
• Start delay option selected?
• Start/Pause button activated?
• Indicator lamps are lighting up?
Door filter, water container or bottom filter
indicator lamp on:
•Door filter clean?
• Water container empty?
• Water container correctly positioned?
• Bottom filter clean and correctly positioned?
Water droplets underneath the dryer:
• Bottom filter correctly positioned?
• Any lint on the heat bottom filter seal removed?
• Any lint on the door seal removed?
• Water container positioned correctly?
• Dryer levelled?
If, after carrying out the above checks the
malfunction persists or appears again, turn the
dryer off and call the After-Sales Service (refer to
• The nature of the fault.
• The dryer type and model.
• The service code (the number after the word
Service on the adhesive rating plate) on the lower
side of the door opening.
•Your full address and phone number.
TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE/AFTER-SALES SERVICE