READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should
always be followed, including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use pot holders when removing cover or
handling hot containers. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against electrical shock, do not immerse cord, plug or
heating unit in water or other liquids.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to
cool before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after
the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner.
Return appliance to Rival
(see warranty) for examination, repair or
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by Rival
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch
10. To protect against burns caused by accidental spillage of hot liquid,
locate unit on a level and firm surface away from traffic areas where
bumping could upset it.
11. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated
12. Extreme caution must be used when moving any appliance
containing hot food, water or other hot liquids.
13. To disconnect, remove plug from wall outlet.
14. Do not use appliance for anything other than intended use.
15. To reduce the risk of electrical shock, cook only in the inner pot.
Do not pour liquid into outer pan.
RCS20003EFSM3 7/14/03 2:37 PM Page 1