Extreme caution must be used when moving fondue containing hot oil or
other hot liquids. It is not recommended to cook with hot oil when children are present.
1. Be sure FONDUE POT is completely dry before filling
2. Place FONDUE POT on a flat, dry, heat-resistant surface.
CAUTION: Some spattering of oil will occur during cooking.
Attach temperature probe/controller to the TEMPERATURE
PROBE GUARD (see figure A).
Attach magnetic end of cord assembly to the temperature
probe socket (see figure B). This should be done prior
to plugging the cord into the wall outlet. The
magnetic end of the cord is designed to only go on one
way. Be sure the side stating “THIS SIDE UP” is facing up.
3. Fill FONDUE with 2
cups of vegetable oil.
NOTE: Do not use more than 2
cups of oil. Do not
use butter, margarine, lard, olive oil or shortening in place of
vegetable oil. Never add water or any other liquid to oil.
4. Place FORK HOLDER on top edge of FONDUE.
Use to hold FONDUE FORKS while cooking oil. CAUTION: Do not use more
than 8 FONDUE FORKS at one time when cooking in hot oil. The fork holder
may also prevent some of the spattering during cooking. NOTE: Do not place
a cover over the FONDUE POT when heating oil or cooking in oil.
5. Remove ice crystals or excess water on food before cooking in oil by blotting
with a paper towel.
6. After cooking, turn TEMPERATURE PROBE DIAL to OFF. Allow FONDUE and
FORK HOLDER to cool completely before moving or cleaning.
WARNING: DO NOT USE THE
POWER CORD SYSTEM TO
DISCONNECT THE FONDUE. ALWAYS DISCONNECT PLUG FROM WALL
OUTLET FIRST TO DISCONNECT FONDUE. Use only Model MDP-1 magnetic cord
set with this product. The use of any other magnetic cord set may cause fire, electric
shock, or injury.
power cord is not to be removed during normal
operation. If the plug becomes disconnected, the user should immediately unplug
the cord set from the wall outlet, then reconnect the magnetic plug to the socket.
HOW TO USE YOUR FONDUE WITH OIL
• Do not fill FONDUE with more than 2
cups of oil.
• Do not move FONDUE when it contains hot oil or food.
•Always use hot pads when handling a hot FONDUE.
•To prevent permanent scratches to non-stick coating, do not use metal
utensils. Use plastic, nylon or wooden utensils.
• When using FONDUE FORKS in the FONDUE, be careful not to scratch
the non-stick surface.
• Do not immerse TEMPERATURE CONTROL PROBE or cordset in water or
•Use only on heat-resistant surfaces.
• Do not use more than eight FONDUE FORKS when cooking in hot oil.
• Prepare cheese sauce for Macaroni and Cheese.
• Melt chocolate or almond bark in FONDUE for making covered peanuts and
• Use FONDUE (on WARM setting) to keep cooked food warm for serving.
• Prepare cooked pudding and pie filling. Set TEMPERATURE PROBE DIAL
• Heat canned convenience foods such as chili, stew, soup or spaghetti.
• Prepare cooked breakfast cereals, such as Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat
IDEAS FOR USE