1. Time: Indicated by the hour, minute and
2. Date: Indicated by the date hand.
3. Day of the week: Indicated by the day
4. 24-hour hand: The 24-hour hand indicates
the hour in the 24-hour indication.
■ DISPLAY AND CROWN OPERATION
Crown position and operation
Normal position : Free
First click : •Setting the date by turning
the crown clockwise.
Second click: •Setting the time, the day
of the week and the 24-hour
1. Pull out the crown to the first click.
2. [Date setting]
Turn the crown clockwise to set the date
hand to the desired date.
When setting the date, be careful not to
pull out the crown to the second click
instead of the first click. Otherwise, the
second hand stops and the time setting is
■ HOW TO SET THE DATE
■ HOW TO SET THE DAY, TIME
AND 24-HOUR HAND
Day hand 24-hour hand
1. Pull out the crown all the way to the second
click when the second hand is at the 12
o’clock position. The second hand will
stop on the spot.
2. [Day setting]
Turn the crown clockwise to advance the
hour and minute hands until the day hand
is advanced to the desired day.
To advance the day hand quickly, turn
back the hour and minute hands about
four hours after the day changes to the
next, and then advance them again until
the day hand is set to the next.
* The day hand will not move back.
3. [Time setting]
Turn the crown to set the time and 24-
* As the hour and minute hands move, the
24-hour hand changes corresponding-ly.
4. Push the crown back into the normal position
in accordance with a time signal.
1. When setting the hour hand and 24-hour
hand, check that AM/PM is correctly set.
The watch is so designed that the date and
day change once in 24 hours.
2. When setting the minute hand, first advance
it 4 to 5 minutes ahead of the desired time
and then turn it back to the exact minute.
CAL. 5Y85 (RK8 SERIES)