This air conditioner meets strict safety and operating standards. The
installer of this unit must install or service this unit so it operates safe-
ly and efficiently.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol, within
an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to
the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage
within the product’s enclosure that may be of suffi-
cient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock
The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle
is intended to alert the user to the presence of im-
portant operating and maintenance (servicing) in-
structions in the literature accompanying the appli-
Contact Installer if Necessary:
The installation instructions are for a experienced installer. If you are
not an experienced installer, contact a local installer for help. If you
require help with service, contact your certified dealer or Daewoo
Electronics for additional instructions.
If Unit is Installed Improperly:
The manufacturer shall in no way be responsible for improper instal-
lation or maintenance service, including failure to follow the instruc-
tions in this manual.
Precautions When Wiring:
• Do not plug in the unit until all connections (tubing, drain hose,
mounting, etc.) have been made and double-checked.
• High voltages are present in this unit and are very dangerous.
Please refer to these instructions and diagrams when wiring.
Improper connections or inadequate grounding can cause acciden-
• This unit must be grounded in accordance with local electrical
• Connect wires and pipes securely and tightly as loose connec-
tions/wiring may cause overheating at connections and a possible
Precautions When Transporting:
• When transporting the unit, be very careful and get help as the
units are very heavy. Be careful of sharp edges on the units also.
Precautions When Installing:
• When installing in a ceiling or wall, make sure the ceiling/wall is
strong enough to hold the unit’s weight. A frame may be necessary
for added support.
• When installing in a room, make sure the tubes are well insulat-
ed to protect the walls and furniture from sweating of the tubes.
• When installing in moist or uneven locations, make sure to use
a raised level concrete pad or concrete blocks to provide a level,
solid foundation for the outdoor unit; this prevents water damage
• When installing in an area of high winds, make sure to securely
anchor the outdoor unit down with bolts and a metal frame.
When Connecting Refrigerant Tubing:
• Keep all tubing as short as possible.
• Use the flare method for connecting tubing.
• Apply refrigerant lubricant to the matching surfaces of the flare and
union tubes before connecting them, then tighten , making sure not
• Check the tubes carefully for leaks before starting the test run.
• Make sure the power is off and the unit is unplugged before open-
ing the unit to troubleshoot or repair electrical parts and wiring.
• Keep your fingers and clothing away from any moving parts.
• Clean up the sight after you finish, making sure no metal scraps
and wiring are left in the unit.
• The Air conditioner shall be installed in accordance with the na-
tioned wiring regulation.
• The equipment fulfills the requirements in EN 61 000-3-11 and is
subject to conditional connection to the mains.
• It may be connected in consultation with the supply authority.
• The equipment may only be connected to a mains supply with a
system impedance of less than 0.3 ohm.
• The system impedance in the interface point may be obtained
from the supply authority.
• If the mains supply has a higher system impedance, short voltage
dips may appear when the equipment is started or during opera-
• This may influence or disturb the operation of other apparatuses, e.
g. flickering lamps, especially those connected to the same supply
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE IN-
STALLING AND OPERATING THE UNIT:
• Adhere to all safety instructions and warnings throughout this
• Read this manual carefully before installing or operating this
unit to become familiar with its features and obtain the perfor-
mance that will bring you continued enjoyment for many
• Follow each installation or repair step exactly as shown in the
• Observe all local, state and national electric codes. Contact
your local government for more information on electrical
• ELECTRICAL SHOCK CAN CAUSE SEVERE PERSONAL IN-
JURY OR DEATH. ONLY A QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED ELEC-
TRICIAN/INSTALLER SHOULD ATTEMPT TO WIRE THIS SYS-
• THE APPLIANCE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHIL-
DRENOR INFIRM PERSONS WITHOUT SUPERVISION.
• YOUNG CHILDREN SHOULD BE SUPERVISED TO ENSURE
THAT DO NOT PLAY WITH THE APPLIANCE
DSB-123L/LH/AH/123PH/F123L 2003.3.4 1:56 PM 페이지1